Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102 - Day 5 - Embossing Shabby Chic

When Tim taught the technique of using the distress paints over clear embossing, I just had to try this out myself. I am not much of a vintage girl as many of you might know - but I do like to make a shabby card once in a while ;)

I tried to use the technique on the front panel - but I think I wiped off too much of the paint and I was left with a leathery purple look. I decided to make a quick card anyway...


I used some black hero arts layering paper as I did not have any black paint to start off with. I mixed two paints (picket fence & ripe persimmon) - but somehow the look turned out purple.



I just made a die cut of my 2nd try - using  only the ripe persimmon distress paint. I think the amount of paint on this piece is better.

Supplies:
Stamps: Tim Holtz Damask, Tim Holtz Acorn Blueprint
Other: Ranger distress paints, Hero Arts embossing powder, Hero Arts layering paper, Prima alphas
 
It is incredible how the fabulous Ranger / Tim Holtz products could be used for so many techniques! Don't you think?
 
I am still very much behind on trying out some of the other techniques taught in the class - so I'll probably be back with some more to share later on.  Untill then - have a great weekend!!


2 comments:

Charlie said...

Jeg er jo en novice i alle mulige teknikker så mit øje ser mest det færdige resultat og jeg kan rigtig godt lide den lilla farve du fik frem på det første kort - og selve kortet er lækkert. God søndag - her pakker vi kasser med julekort så vi snart har ABELANGE arme. =0) Knus og hils

Dotty Jo said...

Amazing technique Pia! Jo x